Today we have something a little different. We often have lay people refuting creationism (which only shows how easy it is to do), but this time we have a whole series of videos with well spoken scientists who know more about their respective fields than almost anyone in the world explaining the basics of science, evolution and more.
Many of you will already be familiar with much of the material presented in these videos, but it is still good information and it is presented in a way that most people should understand it. I would recommend that creationists in particular watch some of these to clear up misconceptions that are encouraged by most of the popular creationist sites.
To start with, here’s one that many of the creationists I talk to should watch:
The Age of the Earth
The rest of the Evolution vs. Creationism series:
- Listen to the Scientists
- Is Evolution Just a Theory?
- No Controversy
- “Teach the Controversy”
- Is Hearing Both Sides Fair?
- Experts vs. Scientists-Peer Review
- The Process of Science
- Purpose & Goals of Creationism
- History of Evolution v Creationism
- Evolution Essential to Education
- Pragmatic Value of Evolution
- Creationism’s Negative Effects
- Science Teachers Challenged
- Biblical Literalism
- The Age of the Earth
- Scientific Explanations & God
- Freedom of Religion
- Gaps in the Record & Complexity
- Origins of Cellular Life
- Some Beliefs in Creationism=50%
- Abuse of Science & Democracy
- Position of Science in U.S. Today
- Scientists Responsibility to Speak