Those of you who have read the Bible, particularly the “Old Testament”, should be familiar with the character of its jealous, vengeful, cruel god. Even if you have never read the Bible though, you are most likely familiar with some of the more despicable actions supposedly taken by Yahweh, the god of the Bible.
Just to refresh your memory though, here are a few of Yahweh’s most infamous misdeeds.
- He put a tree in the Garden of Eden which, being omniscient, he knew Adam and Eve would eat from, but he told them not to anyway. Then when they did, as expected, he condemned them and all future life on Earth to death.
- Humans tried to build a tower to heaven, Yahweh got scared and destroyed it. He then messed up everyone’s languages so they couldn’t understand each other and scattered them all over the planet, guaranteeing an inability to understand each other and endless wars in the future.
- He demanded that his “chosen people” mutilate their babies’ genitals and kill and burn countless animal sacrifices just because he liked the smell.
- He also ordered them to commit genocide after genocide while taking “the promised land” by force in endless wars rather than using his omnipotence to whisk the “evil” people away and let his own people live in peace.
- He destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah with fire and brimstone, and when one member of the single family he decided to save looked back at the horror show he was putting on, he turned her into a pillar of salt.
Oh yeah, and he also drowned the entire world (except for 2 of each unclean animal, 7 of each clean one and 8 humans…how kind of him to spare them).
All of this is just scratching the surface of the malevolence of this spiteful monster, and because of this and so much more the Bible’s god is supposed to have done, I say Yahweh? No way!